Model School Scheme

PM Shri Yojana | 14500 Schools Will be Upgraded

Are you one of those parents who prefer private schools when it comes to admitting your children to school because government schools are not upgraded related to infrastructure and other essential needs? But not anymore! The Shri Narendra Modi announces to upgrade 14,500 schools under the PM Shri Yojana.

The scheme was announced by Pradhan Mantri Narendra Modi Ji on the occasion of Teacher’s Day on 5th September 2022. The PM Shri Yojana budget is Rs. 27360 crore and it’s a centrally sponsored project. The central share in this project is Rs. 18128 crore which is 60% of the budget while the remaining 40% will have to pay by the state government, and it’s five years program from 2022-23 to 2026-27.

The PM Shri Yojana full form is Pradhan Mantri ScHools for Rising India and it’s part of National Education Policy 2020. Schools will upgrade almost in every state of India and the government will develop modern infrastructure in these government schools including the latest computer labs, smart classrooms, libraries, and sports facilities. 

The government schools will follow the full spirit of the new National Education Policy. In a recent tweet Prime Minister Narendra Modi Ji said, The PM-Shri schools will have a modern, transformational, and holistic method of imparting education which means, the government will focus on enhancing the discovery and learning process of children.

Key Features & Benefits of PM Shri Scheme

  • In the PM Shri Schools, the government takes care of children who are from diverse backgrounds and also entertains those students who can’t read and write English or Hindi in a proper way.
  • Under this scheme, the teachers will observe the children’s capabilities and give them a chance to polish their skills and be active participants in their own learning process as per the vision of NEP 2020.
  • Schools under the PM-Shri scheme will provide a vision to develop schools with modern infrastructure and technologies in the respective regions by providing mentorship.
  • The government will provide the schools with environmental friendly places by providing solar panels, LED lights, waste management, plastic-free, and water conservation.
  • Students will also learn nutrition gardening with natural farming.
  • The government will implement modern studies in these schools and focus on the outcome of every child in every grade.
  • The government will evaluate the resources they’ve and how well they work for each area. This includes checking if there are enough resources if they are the right fit, and if they are being used effectively. The government will then make a plan to fill any gaps and improve the overall system.
  • The government will work with Sector Skill Councils and local businesses to help people become more employable and to increase job opportunities for them.
  • The government will create a School Quality Assessment Framework (SQAF) which will help measure the performance of schools based on certain indicators. This framework will be used to regularly evaluate the quality of schools to make sure they meet the desired standards.
  • The schools will provide education from pre-primary to 12th standard.
  • These schools will not only focus on theory but also focus on practical work, so students will have experience with knowledge.
  • Kaushal Vikas Yojana trainees can also take admissions to these schools.

PM-Shree Scheme Overview

Scheme NamePM Shri Yojana
Full FormPradhan Mantri ScHools For Rising India
Launch DateSeptember 5th 2022
Total Schools14,500
Total Budget27360 Crores
Timeline2022-23 to 2026-27
SponsoredCentrally Sponsored
Scheme Declared ByPM Narendra Modi Ji
OccationTeacher’s Day
Application ProcessOnline

Implementation Strategy of PM Shri Yojana in Schools

Identification of Schools: The first step would be to identify the schools that need to be upgraded and developed under the scheme. The selection of schools will be based on various parameters such as location, infrastructure, student enrollment, and other relevant factors.

Resource Assessment: Once the schools are identified, the next step would be to assess the resources available and their effectiveness in terms of availability, adequacy, appropriateness, and utilization for each of the domains and their key performance indicators. This will help in identifying the gaps that need to be filled in a systematic and planned manner.

Upgradation of Infrastructure: Based on the resource assessment, the infrastructure of the identified schools will be upgraded to ensure that they meet the required standards. This would include the provision of facilities such as classrooms, laboratories, libraries, playgrounds, and other amenities.

Curriculum Development: The curriculum of the schools will be developed in line with the National Education Policy (NEP) to ensure that the students receive a holistic education. The curriculum will be designed to cater to the needs of the students and to equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge.

Teacher Training: The teachers of the identified schools will be provided with training to ensure that they are equipped with the necessary skills to deliver quality education to the students. The training would cover areas such as pedagogy, subject knowledge, and classroom management.

School Quality Assessment: A School Quality Assessment Framework (SQAF) is being developed to specify the key performance indicators to measure outcomes. Quality evaluation of these schools at regular intervals will be undertaken to ensure the desired standards.

Linkage with Industry: Linkage with Sector Skill Councils and local industry will be explored to enhance employability and provide better employment opportunities to the students.

Selection Methodology of Schools in PM Shri Scheme

To select the PM SHRI schools, a challenge mode will be used where schools will compete to receive support to become exemplary schools. Schools will have to apply themselves through an online portal. The portal will be open four times a year, once every quarter, during the first two years of the scheme.

The scheme will consider selecting elementary schools (classes 1-5/1-8) and secondary/senior secondary schools (classes 1-10/1-12/6-10/6-12) managed by the central/state/union territory governments or local self-governments that have a UDISE+ code.

Selection would be done through a three-stage process with definite timelines, which are as follows:

Stage-01:
The states/union territories will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Central Government agreeing to implement the National Education Policy (NEP) in its entirety. The Central Government will also commit to supporting these schools in achieving the specified quality assurance as PM SHRI schools.

Stage-02:
In this stage, a group of schools that meet the minimum requirements to be selected as PM SHRI Schools will be identified using data from the UDISE+ system.

Stage-03:
During this stage, eligible schools will participate in a challenge to fulfill certain criteria to become PM SHRI Schools. This selection process will be based on the challenge method and only schools from the eligible pool of schools will be able to compete to fulfill the challenge conditions. The fulfillment of these conditions will be certified by the respective States/Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)/Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) through a physical inspection.

How PM Shree Schools will be Different?

The government will select 2 schools from each block and select multiple schools from each district, and the adoption of those schools will be by the central government. The central government provides funds to create modern infrastructure including modern labs, sports facilities, and much more.

According to the New Education Policy 2020, if a student selects a science subject, then he/she will not only study science subjects but also participate in arts subjects and it’s activities. Through this, students will gather knowledge of all the subjects in a theoretical and practical form.

How will Bear The Cost?

It’s a centrally sponsored scheme so the ratio will be 60:40. 60% cost of the total budget will bear by the central government while the remaining 40% cost will bear by the state government. But there are some special states like Uttrakhand, Himachal Pradesh. The ratio of cost distribution in those states would be 90:10.

90% cost of the total budget will bear by the central government in those special states and the remaining 10% cost will bear by the state government because these special states are not fully developed yet. 

How to Apply for PM Shri Portal Online?

Now That you’ve all the information you need for the PM-Shree Yojana. Let’s move toward its application process. The process is so simple and easily implementable. We’re going to discuss the whole process with a step-by-step guide and also with pictures.

Step-01:
Visit the official website of PM Shree Scheme which is pmshrischools.education.gov.in and click on the Login For School User button.

PM SHRI Online Apply

Step-02:
After clicking on the said option, the system will ask you to enter the UDISE Code and registered mobile number

Step-03:
Do the needful and an OTP will be received on your registered phone number. Enter that OTP and captcha code in the needed section and click on the Login button.

PM Shri Yojana Application Process

Step-04:
After logging in, all the details related to your school will appear on your screen. Now download the Gram Panchayat form, Principal willingness Letter, and Sample form by clicking on the links that are shown above.

Step-05:
After downloading all the forms, take a printout of these forms and fill them correctly.

PM Yojana Awareness Property.

Step-06:
Now attach a pdf copy of the gram panchayat and principal willingness form with the sample form and also attach two pictures of your school (front and back), and submit the sample form on the portal.

Forms submission

Step-07:
After that, go to the page where your school details were showing and scroll down a bit until the Proceed button appears. Click on the button and fill in more information about your school.

PMYOJANAAWARENESS Property

Step-08:
After clicking on the proceed button, a survey will be started and you’ve to answer related to your school. 

Step-09:
The survey would be on 6 sections, and each section has its own marks. 

Step-10:
Fill in all the sections correctly and don’t forget to click on the save option after filling out the survey form.

PM Shri Scheme Submission Survey Exam

Step-11:
When you’d completed all the necessary actions, a final submission button will appear on your screen. Click on that button and your PM Shri Yojana application would be submitted.

Conclusion

PM Shri Yojana is a well-designed initiative by the Indian Government to improve the quality of education in the country. The scheme aims to revamp and upgrade 14,500 schools across India and turn them into model schools with the full spirit of the National Education Policy.

The scheme’s selection methodology through the Challenge Mode and the involvement of various stakeholders, including State/UT Governments and local self-governments, Sector Skill Councils, and local industry, will ensure the effective implementation of the scheme.

The development of the School Quality Assessment Framework and regular evaluation of schools will ensure that the desired standards are maintained. Overall, PM Shri Yojana holds the potential to transform the education landscape of the country and provide better education and employment opportunities for students. Visit the official website of the scheme and apply betterment of India.

FAQs

The aim of PM Shri Yojana is to give a new look to old schools, upgrade their facilities, and connect students with smart education. The scheme seeks to develop 14,500 schools across India and turn them into model schools that follow the spirit of the National Education Policy (NEP).

The selection process for PM Shri schools is based on a challenge method. Schools compete to fulfill certain criteria, and fulfillment of conditions is certified by states/KVS/JNV through physical inspection. Only the schools that fulfill the criteria will be selected.

Elementary schools (class 1-5/1-8) and secondary/senior secondary schools (class 1-10/1-12/6-10/6-12) managed by central/state/UT governments/local self-governments having UDISE+ code are eligible for selection.

The quality of PM Shri schools will be evaluated using the School Quality Assessment Framework (SQAF), which specifies key performance indicators to measure outcomes. Quality evaluation of these schools at regular intervals will be undertaken to ensure the desired standards.

PM Shri schools will be provided with various resources, such as smart classrooms, digital boards, e-content, and teacher training programs.

14,500 schools across India will be selected under this scheme.

The timeline for implementation of the scheme is from 2022-23 to 2026-27.

Schools can apply for the scheme by self-applying on the online portal. The portal will be opened four times a year, once every quarter, for the first two years of the scheme.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *