Every family man or woman thinks that what happened to my family after my death. So, if you want to secure your family’s future without getting bank corrupt then look no further. PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana provides every Indian citizen with a life insurance scheme. In this scheme, an applicant will get life cover of 200,000 Rupees and the PMJJBY new premium is 436 Rupees annually.
More than 16 crore Indians have already enrolled in this scheme, so it’s clear that Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is trusted and reliable for those who’re looking for financial security for their family. The amount of insurance will be delivered to the nominee’s account after the applicant’s death.
The main objective of this scheme is to provide life insurance coverage to people who’re economically weaker. The applicants won’t get any maturity benefit because this scheme is a term plan. In the other schemes, the applicants get a maturity amount after 15-20 years but in the PMJJBY scheme, your family members will only get PMJJBY benefits after your death.
Your insurance will get started after the premium submission of 30 days. Every year, the PMJJBY insurance scheme renewal date is 01st June and its ending date is 31st May. The applicant may start or end this scheme at any time. If anyone doesn’t want to continue the scheme further, then he/she can take exit the scheme by getting the full amount he/she submitted in past years.
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Benefits
PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is a scheme that can be affordable to almost every Indian citizen. The government provides so many benefits which are related to the scheme including affordable premiums, easy enrollment, Tax benefits, and much more. Let’s explore the benefits of the PMJJBY scheme.
- The applicants need to pay 436 rupees annually from their bank account to get life insurance of 2 lakh rupees for their family.
- Enrollment in this scheme is very easy. Any individual whose age is between 18-55 years can enroll in the scheme.
- When an applicant pays a policy premium, then on that premium, he/she is eligible for tax deductions under section 80C of the income tax act.
- No medical examination will be needed if an individual wants to enroll in this scheme.
- PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana is available in all national banks of India.
- The government provides additional coverage along with this scheme like Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY) and Atal Pension Yojana (APY) to provide a comprehensive financial security package to the beneficiaries.
- Beneficiaries can enable the ECS system in their bank account so that yearly premiums would detect from their account and their insurance policy will renew every year.
- If a beneficiary stops depositing his/her PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana yearly premium for some reason then he/she starts depositing again before the age of 55.
- If you’re a farmer and willing to make a Kisan Credit Card then you can also take benefits of PM Jyoti Bima Yojana while applying for the credit card.
PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana Online Apply
To enroll in this scheme, it’s a must to have your own aadhar card and an account number. If you don’t have an account then you can make a new one and take benefits of this scheme. If you’re concerned about your family’s financial future after you die, you must apply for the PMJJBY scheme. Let’s complete the application process in a few steps.
Go to the official website of Jan Suraksha which is jansuraksha.gov.in, and click on the form which is given in the header menu.
After clicking on the said option, the names of all yojanas will appear on your screen. Click on PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana for further process.
Go for the application forms options in order to apply for this yojana, and the system will ask you to select your regional language. Select which one suits you, and the PMJJBY application form pdf will be downloaded onto your device.
Now take a printout of the downloaded pdf form and fill in the required details including aadhar number, name, complete address, and nominee details. After filling in the required details, go to your nearest insurance branch and submit that form. After the completion of 30 days of an enrollment period, your PMJJBY insurance policy will be started.
Note: Banks that offer the PMJJBY life insurance policy are: LIC, ICICI Bank, SBI Life Insurance, and HDFC Bank.
How to Download PMJJBY Policy Certificate Online
As discussed above, the government of India launched a scheme named Prime Minister Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana. Beneficiaries will get 2 lakh insurance coverage just by depositing 436 rupees yearly. Its policy certificate can be downloaded easily, and you’ll know how many premiums you’ve submitted and how many are left.
- To download your policy certificate, type groupmember.sbilife.co.in, in the search bar, and the customer group portal will open on your screen.
- Now you must fill in the required information like Yojana name, Bank Name, Account Number, Date of Birth, and captcha code.
- Fill in the required details correctly and hit on the submit button.
- When you hit on the submit button, then the customer ID and applicant’s name will come into sight.
- Click on the customer ID number and the PMJJBY insurance policy certificate will be downloaded to your device.
- You can check all the details related to your life insurance policy.
PMJJBY Claim Process
The DFS has made some positive changes in the PMJJBY new claim process. Now banks have only 7 days of a time period to dispatch all the documents to the insurance company, and insurance companies also have only 7 days of a time period to pass all the documents and deliver the amount to the applicant declared the nominee.
After the death of the applicant, if the applicant didn’t declare a nominee then his/her legal heir needs to complete all the documentation processes and visit the closest branch and submit all the documents. The branch will verify those documents and keep them. After that branch employees will transfer your documents to the insurance company.
The insurance company will also verify your documents and they’ll have only 7 days to pass or reject the PMJJBY claim form. The nominee or applicant’s family needs to complete the below-mentioned documents in order to get claim the PMJJBY benefits. Read the gather all the important documents that will play the main role in the PMJJBY claim process. (you can also visit pmyojanaawareness for more information about Pradhan Mantri Yojanas)
Documents to be Submitted for PMJJBY Claim
Correct documents of this scheme are all you need to pass the claim. If you don’t have all the documents that are listed below then you’ll gonna face some problems during the PMJJBY death claim. Read and gathered all the documents of the applicant, and don’t forget to make a copy of all the documents before submitting them to the branch.
- Claim Form
- Discharge Receipt/Certificate
- Death Certificate (Original)
- Certified Copy of the Enrollment Form
- Certified copy of Pass Book of Deceased
- Account Statement
- KYC Documents (Aadhar Card/Pan Card/Voter ID).
- If the applicant has faced accidental death, then a Certified copy of the FIR and Post Mortem report will be needed of a policyholder.
- Hospital Discharge Summary Receipt.
- Certificate issued by the last attending registered medical practitioner. (Signed & Stamped).
- If an applicant has died in his/her house, then the certificate issued by the District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner will be needed in this case.
Documents Required for PMJJBY Claim If Nominee is not Declared by the Applicant
- Succession/Legal Heir Certificate from the Competent Court/Authority.
- Passbook copy of the nominee
- Canceled Chaque book (if have one)
- KYC Documents (Aadhar Card/Pan Card/Voter ID)
PMJJBY Death Claim Form
To claim the death benefits, first, you need to fill in the claim form and submit it to the bank. You can download the claim form online just by visiting the official website of Jan Suraksha and clicking on the form option, given in the header menu. Two options will appear on your screen. The first one will be the application form, and the second one will be the claim form.
Click on the claim form and the system will ask you to select your regional language. Select which suits you and the PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana claim form will be downloaded to your device. Now take a printout of that form and fill in the required details correctly. Make sure to fill in all the details related to the applicant and nominee correctly, or otherwise, your claim form will get rejected.
How to Check PMJJBY Claim Status
Checking the status of your claim form can be done online by just downloading a mobile app named UMANG APP. To download the app, go to the app store, and download the UMANG app. Now open the app and so many options will appear on your screen. Click on the EPFO option, to check the claim status.
When you click on the said option, its homepage will open, and you need to click on the general services. After that, click on the know your claim status option and the system will ask you to enter the UAN number. Enter the required number and click on the Get OTP link. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Enter that OTP, and click on the Login button. When you do that, the current claim status will appear on your screen. If you can’t understand what’s the problem with the form, then visit your nearest insurance branch and the insurance branch employee will make you understand, and also will tell you about the missing documents.
|Scheme Name||PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana|
|Launched In||09 May 2015|
|Launched By||Indian Government|
|Ending date||31st May|
|Renewal Date||1st June|
|Exit & Enter||Can exit & enter at any time|
|Yearly Premium||436 Ruppes|
|Eligibility Age||18-55 Years|
There are so many life insurance policies in India but what makes this one different from the other ones is its easy enrollment steps and easy-to-claim benefits. The government of India launched this scheme to secure the future of citizens who are financially poor and can’t afford any life insurance policies. Get a free application form by visiting the official website of Jan Suraksha, and secure your family’s future by just paying 436 rupees annually for PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana insurance.