In the backward states of India, most families still think that the girl child is kind of a burden for them. That’s why people in backward areas promote child marriage. It was very common in Uttar Pradesh (UP). The government of Uttar Pradesh realizes this issue and to counter this very serious issue, they’ve launched a scheme named Kanya Sumangala Yojana.
The UP government encourages parents to provide education to their girl child. The main aim of this scheme is to provide social security to women. Along with this, the government will also provide financial assistance to that girl child who’s going to school in 06 complete installments.
Under the MKSY scheme, the parents of a girl child will receive Rs. 15000/- in 06 installments for each of their two daughters. If parents have 03 daughters and two of them are twins then they can get financial education assistance for 03 of them. Stick to the article and we’ll deliver you every information about this scheme.
Kanya Sumangala Yojana Benefits
Before applying for the Kanya Sumangala Yojana, there are lots of benefits that the government of UP provides in this scheme. Let’s highlight all of these benefits for a better understanding and it’ll also help you to make a better decision whether applying for this scheme is worth it or not. The benefits are given below.
- Rs. 15000/- will be deposited in the girl child’s bank account in 06 installments.
- If parents have 03 daughters and two of them are birth twins then the parents can apply for 03 daughters.
- If parents adopt 02 girl children and they’ve also got their 02 girl children then, in that case, parents can admit all 04 daughters to this scheme and can secure their future without having any financial issues.
- Kanya Sumangala Yojana’s total budget is 1200 crores.
- With the help of this scheme, girls are encouraged to get higher education and get good jobs.
- Parents of a girl child will also don’t have to worry about their daughter’s financial expenses.
- This scheme will help to increase the enrollment of girls in schools and colleges.
- Dropout rates of girls in school and colleges will get reduced.
- This scheme will also help in improving the health and well-being of girl children.
- The scheme has helped to empower women and make them self-reliant.
- The scheme has helped to improve the socio-economic status of families with girl children.
- Another great scheme by the government is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. Parents can secure their daughter’s future with the help of this scheme.
Kanya Sumangala Yojana Documents Required
This scheme will also require all the essential documents in PDF form if you’re going to apply for this scheme through an online process. Otherwise, you need a hard copy of all the documents in case of an offline process. That’s why, you need to read the complete list which is given below, and gather all the documents.
- Mother’s Aadhaar Card
- Father’s Aadhaar Card
- Appicant’s Passport Size Photo
- Applicant’s Photo with her parents
- Parent’s Mobile Number
- Domicile Certificate
- Bank Account (Father or Mother)
- Bank Passbook
- Adoption Certificate (if a girl is adopted)
- Parents ID Card
- Address Proof
Eligibility Criteria for MKSY Scheme
KSY scheme is a very effective and ground-breaking scheme for all the girls whose parents can’t afford their educational expenses but this scheme is not for all the girls in UP. The government of UP has set specific eligibility criteria for the applicants and that criteria is mentioned below. Read and know if you’re eligible for the scheme or not.
- Parents will only 02 girl children, eligible for this scheme.
- In the case of a twin girl’s birth, parents can still apply for the scheme.
- Parents should be permanent residents of Kanya Sumangala Yojana UP.
- The parent’s annual income must be less than 03 Lakhs.
- Adopted girls are also eligible for this scheme.
Sumangala Yojana Online Registration
If you’re one of those parents whose worried about their daughter’s future because you don’t have the resources to bear her educational expenses then Sumangala Yojana is here to help you. If you’ve read the eligibility criteria, and you’re eligible to be a part of this scheme then let’s move towards its application process.
The Sumangala Yojana Online apply process is simple and easy. Just read all the steps and focus on the images which are given below.
Visit the official website of the Sumangala scheme, which is https://mksy.gov.in/, and register your daughter on the portal.
To register your daughter, tickmark on the I Agree option and hit on the Continue button.
When you click on the said link, कन्या सुमंगला योजना Online Apply form will appear on your screen.
In that form, the system will ask you to fill out the form completely by providing all the information about the parents, daughter, and address.
Provide all the required information in the form and click on the Send SMS OTP button for verification.
Enter that OTP in the needed section and click on the Verify & Sign-up button.
After that, your registration will be completed. The system will show you a success message, and your Login ID and password will be shared on your registered mobile number.
Now that you’re registration has been completed, login on to the portal by inserting the ID, password, and captcha code.
After Logging on to the portal, the system will ask you to enter the information about your parents, and it’ll also ask you to enter your bank details.
Enter what’s needed, and also enter your District, Bank Name, IFSC code, Account Holder Name, Bank Account Number, and Branch Address.
After entering the correct information about the bank details, upload the first page of the account holder’s passbook where the account number is clearly mentioned.
Make sure that the size of the PDF file shouldn’t exceed 100 KB.
Now recheck all the details again, and click on the GO button.
When you implement the said procedure, the system will display a success message. Press the OK button and you’ll be redirected to the official website again.
Now click on the Girl Child option which is given in the header menu and select Add Beneficiary option.
A new window will open up, and the CM Kanya Sumangala Yojana add beneficiary form will appear on your screen.
Most of the information would be filled in that form, you just need to enter some details related to your daughter including the Daughter’s Name in English and Hindi, Type of Beneficiary, DOB, Place of Birth, Category, Pincode, etc.
After providing the essential details, click on the Submit button.
Your daughter’s details would have been added successfully after hitting on the Submit button.
The system will ask you to update your aadhar details. Click on the link, and you’ll be redirected to the aadhaar updation details.
When you click on the link, the system will ask you to enter the parents’ aadhaar card number.
Enter the 12-digit aadhar card number in the needed section, and before clicking on the Submit Aadhaar Detail, make sure to tick mark on the declaration option, and also click on the verify button.
The system will show a success message if you entered the aadhar details correctly. Click on the OK button and all the information related to your daughter will appear on your screen in a table form.
Now that all the information has been submitted to the portal, click on the Apply button.
After clicking on the said option, all the stages of the scheme will appear on your screen. You can apply in the stage according to your daughter’s current age.
When you click on the Click here to apply button, a form will open and all the details would be filled in automatically. You just need to tick mark on the agree option and hit on the Update button.
In this step, all the details related to your bank will appear on your screen. Just scroll down, type the captcha code, and click on the Submit button.
Last but not least, you need to upload all the documents that are mentioned above in PDF form. Make sure that the size of the documents shouldn’t exceed 100 KB.
Upload all the relevant documents, tick mark on the Agree option, and click on the Submit button.
After clicking on the Submit button, the Kanya Sumangala Yojana receipt will appear on your screen along with your family ID number, and all the details would be filled in on that receipt.
You need to print this receipt for the sack of proof.
Congrats! Your registration has been completed. Now the government of UP will deposit cash in your attached bank account after complete verification.
How To Recover Registration/Login ID
If you’ve applied to the Kanya Sumangala Yojana, and you’ve forgotten your Registration of Login ID then you can recover it just by following the steps which is given below. The points are very simple and easy, and we’ll guide you to the end. Read all the steps carefully and apply them as it is.
- Visit the official website of the Kanya Sumangala Yojana for your respective state.
- Look for the “Login” option on the website. It is usually located on the homepage or in the top menu bar.
- Click on the “Login” or “Sign In” option to proceed to the login page.
- On the login page, enter your login credentials.
- The system will ask you to provide some information to verify your identity. This can include details such as your name, date of birth, registered mobile number, or email address. Fill in the required information accurately.
- After providing the necessary details, click on the “Submit” button.
- If the information provided is correct, the system will display or send your Registration ID to your registered email address or mobile number. Follow the instructions provided to retrieve your Registration ID.
How to Check Kanya Sumangala Yojana Status
If you’ve applied for the Kanya scheme and it’s been months or days pass but you didn’t hear from the government then you can check the Kanya Sumangala Yojana status from the comfort of your house. You don’t need to visit any government office or wait in the long queues. Just implement the points which are given below and know your daughter’s status.
- Type in Google MKSY and visit the first website that appears on the search result. This is the UP government’s official website for the KAnya Sumangala Yojana beneficiaries.
- Now go to the login page, and enter your login credentials.
- When you logged on to the portal, now if you want to check the status of your first child then click on child 01, otherwise, you can select child 3 or 4 from the header menu according to your preference.
- When you click on the said option, click on the Track History option.
- After that, all the stages of the scheme will appear on your screen.
- You just need to select your daughter’s stage and click on the View Application option.
- Your whole application form will appear on your screen. Scroll down on the 27th point and the system will let you know the current status of your application.
What is Kanya Sumangala Yojana (MKSY)
Kanya Sumangala Yojana is a government scheme implemented in various states of India. The scheme aims to promote the welfare and empowerment of girl children by providing financial assistance to their families. The specific details and implementation may vary from state to state, but the overarching objective is to address issues such as female infanticide, low female literacy rates, and gender inequality.
Under the Kanya Sumangala Yojana, eligible families are provided financial support or incentives at different stages of a girl child’s life, from birth to her education and marriage. The scheme typically focuses on improving the overall well-being and development of the girl child and ensuring her future prospects. MP citizens can apply for the Ladli Laxmi Yojana 2.0 and secure their daughter’s future.
What is the Objective of MKSY
The primary objective of the Kanya Sumangala Yojana is to promote the welfare, development, and empowerment of girl children in India. The scheme aims to address various social and economic challenges faced by girl children and their families, such as gender inequality, low female literacy rates, and financial constraints.
Here are some specific points of the Sumangala Yojana list:
- Encouraging the birth and proper care of girl children
- Ensuring education for girl children
- Enhancing the social and economic status of girl children
- Empowering girl children and fostering gender equality
6 Stages of Installments Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala Yojana
The first installment will be deposited in the parent’s bank account if a girl child has been born on or after April 01, 2019. The first installment amount will be Rs. 2000/-
The government will deposit the second installment in the parent’s bank account when a girl child got vaccinated. The amount of the second installment will be Rs. 1000/-
The parents will get the third installment when a child got admission to one class in the current academic year. The amount of this installment will be Rs. 2000/-
The fourth installment will be done when a beneficiary girl child got admission in the 6 class in the current academic year. Parents will get Rs. 2000/-
When a beneficiary got admission in the 9th class, the government of UP will deposit Rs. 3000/- in the parent’s bank account.
In this category, when a beneficiary girl would pass the 10th or 12th class and got admission to the university or any diploma, the state government will deposit Rs. 5000/- in the account.
|Installments in Stages||Installment Amount|
|At the birth of a girl child||Rs. 2000/-|
|At Girl child Vaccination||Rs. 1000/-|
|When a girl child admit to class one||Rs. 2000/-|
|When a girl child admit to class six||Rs. 2000/-|
|When a girl child admit to class ninth||Rs. 3000/-|
|When a girl child admit to class 10th or 12th||Rs. 5000/-|
|When a girl got married||Rs. 2 Lakhs|
The Kanya Sumangala Yojana exemplifies the commitment of the government to address the specific needs and challenges faced by girl children. It is a step towards building a more inclusive and progressive society, where every girl has the opportunity to thrive and succeed.
Continued efforts and support for such initiatives are crucial in creating a society where gender equality is not just an aspiration but a tangible reality for all. Apply now to secure your daughter’s future by visiting the official website of Sumangala Yojana.