Being pregnant is life’s biggest happiness for women. But what if you don’t have enough money for the delivery of your beloved child in the hospital? Most of the families who belong to a village prefer their home when it comes to the delivery process, but it’s very dangerous for the mother and the child. To help the Poor citizens in this difficulty, the government of India has launched a scheme called Janani Suraksha Yojana Scheme.
In Janani Suraksha Yojana, the government will give you cash assistance benefits if a mother comes to a hospital for her delivery. The JSY objective is to reduce Maternal Mortality & Infant Mortality by encouraging mothers and their families to do Institutional Delivery (Delivery in a Hospital). The government also provides fully institutional care to all mothers who came to a government hospital for their delivery.
The government will provide cash assistance to all the mothers and Asha (Lady who encourages a mother to institutional delivery) an amount of 1400 and 600 Rupees if they belong to a low-performing rural area. On the other hand, cash assistance for all the mothers and Asha will be 1000 and 600 Rupees if they belong to a low-performing urban area.
Janani Suraksha Yojana’s online registration process is so easy and the government has launched an individual portal to online apply in this yojana. We’re going to help you to register yourself in the yojana and get cash assistance and institutional care during pregnancy, delivery time, and after the child’s birth. Read and apply the process to avoid any kind of problem.
Janani Suraksha Yojana Online Registration
The registration process has been made so simple by the government, so that every woman whether she belongs to a rural or urban area, can register herself easily. There are a few steps that you need to follow to apply online for Janani Suraksha. The steps are as follows:
Visit the official website of Reproductive & Child Health which is rch.nhm.gov.in, and click on the Self-Registration option.
Two options will display on your screen. The first will be Register Pregnant Woman, and the second will be Register Child. Now, if you’re a pregnant lady then you should go for the first option, or, if you already have a child then you can go for the second option. To register yourself, click on the New Registration option.
When you click on the said option, the Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY) application form will appear on your screen. You need to fill in all the required details for registration purposes. Keep in mind that, your provided information needs to be correct, otherwise your application form will be rejected.
When the form is filled, click on the save button which is given at the bottom of the application form, and an OTP will be received on your submitted mobile number. Enter that OTP in the needed section and the system will assign you an RCH portal ID.
Also, a system-generated message will be sent to your submitted mobile number in which, the name of your ASHA, her mobile number, and your RCH ID will be in it. Make sure that, your submitted mobile number needs to be linked with your aadhar card, otherwise, the registration will be failed.
After that, your Ante Natal Care service schedule will be visible on your screen. You can check the dates of your checkup in the hospital and also can check the expected date of your delivery. You can take a printout of the JSY card and also can download it.
There are two more documents you need to attach along with the Antenatal Care card, which is a copy of your Aadhar card and a copy of your bank passbook. After that, visit your nearest woman’s health center with Asha and submit documents to them.
Once your documents have been verified by the women’s health center, then the Janani Suraksha Yojana amount will be DBT in your bank account. Make sure your aadhar card must be linked with the mobile number. (If you’re a citizen of Rajasthan state, then you also can apply for Chiranjeevi Yojana, and get cashless health insurance for your family).
Janani Suraksha Yojana Benefits
There are so many benefits in a form of cash assistance provided by the government to pregnant women and also to Asha. Rural and urban areas receive different benefits from the government. Cash assistance in rural areas is different than in urban areas. Let’s discuss both areas for better understanding.
- If a pregnant woman and Asha belong to a rural area that comes under a low-performing state then the pregnant woman will get 1400 Rupees and the Asha will get 600 Rupees during antenatal care.
- if your newborn baby is a girl and you belong to Madhya Pradesh then you can enroll your daughter in Ladli Laxmi Yojana and can secure her future.
- If a pregnant woman and Asha belong to an urban area that comes under a low-performing state then the pregnant woman will get 1000 Rupees and the Asha will get 400 Rupees during antenatal care.
- If a pregnant woman and Asha belong to a rural area that comes under a high-performing state then the pregnant woman will get 700 Rupees and the Asha will get 600 Rupees during antenatal care.
- If a pregnant woman and Asha belong to an urban area that comes under a high-performing state then the pregnant woman will get 600 Rupees and the Asha will get 400 Rupees during antenatal care.
- Asha will also get incentives when she registers a mother for delivery in a hospital.
- Asha will also get incentives when she takes a mother to antenatal visits.
- Asha will also get incentives after the delivery of a child.
- After the delivery of a child, the mother will get a JSY amount of 5000 Rupees within one week.
- If you belong to Madhya Pradesh then you can also take benefits of Ladli behna Yojana by applying for it.
JSY Eligibility Criteria
- The mother’s age must be above 20 years in order to register for Janani Suraksha Scheme.
- If a mother already has 2 live children, then cash assistance or benefits will not be provided to that mother for the third one.
- In low-performing states (LPS), if a mother’s delivery would’ve done in a government hospital then she’ll get cash assistance. It doesn’t matter whether she belongs to the BPL category or not.
- In high-performing states (HPS), if a mother’s delivery would’ve done in a government hospital then she’ll only get cash assistance if she belongs to the BPL category.
- Asha will get her money after her post-natal visit to the mother & when the child has been immunized for BCG injection.
- The government will provide subsidies of up to 1500 Rupees per delivery, in case of cesarean section delivery (Big Delivery Operation).
Documents Required for Janani Suraksha Yojana
Correct documents are very essential for the registration of the JSY scheme. Make sure all of your documents are clear in pictures and easy to read. Given below, are the requirements for the documents that you submit to your nearest Women’s Health Care Center.
- Aadhar Card
- Mobile Number
- Antenatal Card
- Passport Size Photo
- BPL Ration Card (if belongs to the BPL Category)
- Bank Details
- Address Proof
- JSY Card
- MCH Card
How to Check Online Status of my Janani Suraksha Yojana
Now that you’ve applied online for JSY, you can also check your JSY application form status to know the current status of your JSY card. To do that, visit the official website of Reproductive & Child Health, and click on the Self-Registration option. Two options will appear on your screen. Select which suits you and click on the registration status.
When you implement the said procedure, the system will ask you to provide some details. Fill in the correct details like your state, Registered Mobile Number, OTP, Captcha code, and hit on the search button. Usually, the OTP will be received within 1 minute. After that, your JSY beneficiary status will appear on your screen in a form of a table.
If all of your documents are submitted to the nearest Women’s Health Care and the status is still showing as pending, then you don’t have to worry. Your status will be set as approved after the complete verification and the system will automatically assign you an RCH Registration ID. But, if your documents have not been submitted to Women’s Health Care, then the pending status will not be removed, and after some time the status will be appeared as request time out.
(For more PM Yojanas, you can visit PMYojana Awareness).
Janani Suraksha Yojana Cash Incentives
To minimize the death rate in low-performing and high-performing states, the government of India has launched the Janani Suraksha Yojana scheme. Also, Asha (Accredited Social Health Activist) helps mothers during the monthly checkups, during the delivery period, and after the delivery period. The old name of this scheme was National Maternity Benefit Scheme (NHBS) and it was modified on 12th April 2005 into Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY).