The government of Bihar always tries to give comfort to the people of Bihar in many ways. That’s why they’ve launched the scheme named Bihar ration card yojana. In this scheme, they’ve categorized the ration card for the people of Bihar according to their annual income or assets, so they can financially support those people of Bihar who can’t provide proper food to their families, and are below the poverty line.
If you’re a citizen of Bihar, and you haven’t made a ration card then it’s not too late to do that. As you know, the people of India are adopting digitalize process more, so the government of Bihar decided to digitalize the process of registration, so applicants don’t have any kind of problem while applying for a ration card. If you want any kind of information related to the Bihar ration card then you’ve come to the right place.
Recently, the government of Bihar has made many changes in the online process of the Bihar ration card. So, if you’re a citizen of Bihar, and want to apply for a new ration card then you need to apply according to the new roles. But first, let’s have a look at the types that you need to choose while applying for a ration card. ( If you’re jobless, a student, or any type of worker then you also can apply for E-Shram Card).
Types of Ration Cards
As mentioned above, the Government of Bihar has Categorized the ration card for the people of Bihar according to their annual income or assets, so the people of Bihar can get ration and other benefits related to their needs. There are 4 types of ration cards which are as follows:
- Above Poverty Line (APL)
- Priority Household (PHH)
- Below Poverty Line (BPL)
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana Card (AAY)
Above Poverty Line (APL)
Every state’s government has decided the poverty line according to its rules. So, you just need to find out what’s the poverty line in your state by visiting the nearest ration card office. If your annual income would cross the poverty line then you’re eligible for an APL card otherwise not. In Bihar, if your family’s annual income is less than 15000 INR then you aren’t fit for the APL card.
Below Poverty Line (BPL)
As mentioned above that every state’s government has decided the poverty line according to its rules. You’re eligible for the BPL card if your family’s annual income does not exceed the amount decided by your state’s government.
According to the Bihar government, if your family’s annual income is less than 15000 INR then you can apply for the BPL card, and get a ration for your family at subsidized rates, and other essential commodities. Keep in mind that, your name must be in the janaganana list while applying for the BPL card.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana Card (AAY)
Those who don’t have income or shelter, or don’t own any land, are eligible for the Antyodaya Anna Yojana Card. This type of ration card is issued to the poorest of the poor. Those who belong to this category can get a massive amount of food grains for their family for free or at very low rates. Also, they’ll get benefits from other schemes launched by the government.
Priority Household (PHH)
PHH ration card is somehow similar to the APL card. If anyone does have a house for his/her family, and a small land but doesn’t have any or a tiny source of income then this card is for them. Compared to AAY, you’ll get food grains at a subsidized rate, but you’ll have to pay a bit more if you belong to the PHH category.
This card is newly launched by the government of Bihar. It can be possible to regularise this card in all states of India. APL and BPL cards are being replaced where the PHH card has been launched. You can consider this card as BPL and APL card because it works according to both categories that have been replaced. (you can visit pmyojanaawareness for more PM Yojanas).
Bihar Ration Card Overview
|Card Name||Bihar Ration Card|
|Beneficiary||Citizens of Bihar|
|Benefits||Providing Ration at Subsidized Rate|
How to Apply Online for Bihar Ration Card
Every middle-class or lower-class person thinks, what if I fail to provide proper food to my family? In order to overcome this situation, the government of Bihar launched the Bihar ration card Yojana, and the food and consumer protection department handle it.
If your source of income is very tiny or nill then you should apply for this scheme. In this article, we’re going to tell you about how you can apply online for a Bihar ration card through your mobile or laptop. Read and apply the given below steps carefully to avoid any problems.
- Visit the department’s official website which is epds.bihar.gov.in, and click on the apply for online RC option in the section of Important links, located on the right side of your screen.
- A page will appear on your screen with a login button in it. Click on that, and the system will redirect you to another website and that would be janparichay.meripehchaan.gov.in. You’ve to make an ID, in order to login to the previous one.
- If you’ve already logged in to this website then enter your email and password otherwise, you’ve to register yourself.
- There are many login options like; Digi locker, CSC, Facebook, Twitter, etc, but we recommend you to signup with the meripehchaan option.
- After clicking on the said option, a registration form will open up and you’ve to fill it in by providing the correct information like; Mobile Number, Name, DOB, Gender, make an ID, and create a Password. Don’t forget to tick mark the terms and condition option before clicking on the verify button. After that, you’ll receive a successfully signing up message with the help of a pop-up window.
- Hit on the continue button, and the system will provide you with 2 options, proceed with KYC or skip to the dashboard. You can select the 2nd option if you want to verify your online KYC later.
- Your profile dashboard will open up, and you’ll see the service group list on your right. Scroll that list until the Bihar state service appears. Click on that, and every type of service will come into sight.
- Type Bihar ration card in the search bar, click on the service that will appear and access the button. After doing this, you’ll be redirected to the official website of the Bihar ration card (RCMS portal).
- Click on the login button, and the system will ask you to register yourself first with the help of a pop-up window. Hit on the OK button, and you’ll be shifted to the registration page.
- Fill in that form with the required information like; Name (in Hindi), Adhaar Number, State, District, Pincode, Email, and Captcha Code.
- After providing the correct information, hit on the submit button and the system will redirect you to the portal of the Bihar ration card.
- Congrats! Your registration process has been completed. Now you need to provide the required documents and your family’s correct information.
- To do that, you need to fill in the new form for the ration card. The whole process is written in the given below paragraph.
Remember That: Write such a name that should be a member of the ration card. Whoever will apply for the ration card, write his/her name while filling out the registration form of the JVA online RC portal.
Note: If the system shows an error like; mobile no already found, or aadhaar card already found. So, that means your mobile or aadhar card is already registered. Keep in mind that, this registration process is for new applicants.
Apply Form for New Ration Card
As we mentioned above, you need to provide the required details in order to fill in the new form for the ration card apply online. So, when your registration would’ve been completed, you’ll be redirected to the official website of Jan Vitran Ann’s online ration card portal. The process of application form for a Bihar new ration card will begin from here. Read and apply the steps carefully.
1. When the portal’s dashboard came into sight, click on the apply option which is located in the header menu, select new apply and select Rural/Urban according to your need.
2. A new application form will open up, and you need to fill it in with the correct information.
3. Select your sub-division, Block, Panchayat, and Gram name.
4. In the next section, enter your husband and father’s name in English and also in Hindi as if you’re applying as a female.
5. Your complete address will be needed in the next section.
6. Select your gender in the next section, date of birth, married/unmarried, relation with the applicant, your cast, your employment status, source of income, the amount you earn, disability (if any), name of your bank, IFSC code, account number.
7. After providing the right information, click on the submit button and your details will be added and appear on your screen in the form of a table.
8. Now you need to follow this process for the rest of the family members by clicking on the Add Member button. Don’t forget to mention your relationship with your head of the family member.
9. Now that the list of your family members has been added, let’s move to the documents verification process which will be the last one.
10. Keep in mind that, all types of documents will be uploaded of whom you made head of your family in the process of registration, and each document file size will not exceed 1000KB/1MB.
11. You need to upload all the documents in a single file, and in a form of a PDF. whose size will not be more than 1MB.
12. When you’re done uploading documents, tick mark all the documents, and hit on the upload button. Keep in mind that, your all documents will be cleared as pictures otherwise, they will get rejected.
13. After successfully delivering the required details, click on the apply option again, edit the application, and hit on the final submit option.
14. When you do that, all of your family details which you entered in this whole process will appear on your screen.
15. You can cross-check your given details, tick mark all the options as NO which are given below, and don’t forget to click on the terms and condition button before clicking on the final submit button.
16. Congrats! Your documents and family details have been uploaded. You can also download this if you want to.
17. The process will take 30 to 45 days for verification, and after that your ration card bihar will be made.
Documents required for new ration card
- Scan copy of aadhaar card.
- Bank account details.
- Residencial certificate.
- Copy of family group photo.
- Copy of applicant signature photo.
- Disability certificate (if applicable).
How to Check Bihar Ration Card Status Online
If you’ve applied for the Bihar ration card through an online or manual process, and want to check the current status of your application then you need to follow this guide. First, let’s talk about, how you can check your Bihar ration card status if you registered yourself through an online process.
To do that, visit the official website, and click on the apply for RC online option which is given in the important links. You’ll then need to enter the cardholder login ID assigned by the food and consumer protection department and then hit the login button. The Portal’s dashboard will come into sight.
In the header menu, click on the apply option and then on the track application status option. After doing the said procedure, the system will show you the current status of your ration card. Your ration card will show up if your documental verification is completed. Otherwise, the system will show another status related to your ration card beneficiary status.
Those who applied for the ration card by visiting their nearest block office, and want to check or correct the status of their application, can do it by reading this article further. Visit the official website again, and click on the RC print option which is located on the left side of your screen. Click on the application status given in the header menu when the new page will open.
Provide the required information e.g; District, Block, Receiving ID, then hit on the show button. If your ration card verification is completed by the department, the system will tell you to collect it from the nearest ration card office.
If you faced any issues with the above-mentioned method, then you can go with the 2nd one. Type in the search bar RTPS.bihar.gov.in, and click on the application status shown on the left side of your screen. You’ll be asked to enter your receiving ID. Click on the status button after providing it. The current status of your application will appear.
Bihar Ration Card Pending for Field Verification
Have you been searching for a solution to the pending for field verification issue? Whenever you check your application status, the system always shows the message that the application is pending for field verification. If yes, then you’ve come to the right place where all of your problems will be solved by providing you with the right information.
If you applied for the Bihar ration card through an online process, and your application status has shown as pending for field verification then you’ve to complete it by yourself. Otherwise, your application will have been rejected by the department, and won’t be able to apply for the ration card in an easy way.
Bihar ration card application portal is designed in such a way that once you’ve uploaded your data it got saved on the portal, and if your ration card would have been rejected for some reason then you can’t apply for the ration card again because whenever you will, the system would always say that your aadhar card already exists.
To overcome this problem, you’ve to complete your verification process by yourself. In order to do that, get a photocopy of all of the documents that you’ve uploaded on the official website, and also a copy of your receiving ID. After that, visit your nearest ration card block and verify all of your documents.
When the block department employee verifies your documents then they will send your documents to the officer named SDO. when the SDO officer collects your documents, check them again, and if he found satisfied, will assign you a ration card number. Once your ration card has been made, then you can easily take the ration from the ration dealer at subsidized rates.
6 Simple Steps to Download Bihar Ration Card 2023
If your ration card has been misplaced and you want to get it back, then you don’t have to worry about that. We got you covered. Also, if you live in Bihar then it doesn’t matter either if you’re a new or old candidate for a ration card. The process we’re about to tell will work for everyone. So here’s a comprehensive guide for those who want to download a Bihar ration card through an online process.
- Visit the official website and click on the apply for online RC which is held in the important links section.
- When a Login window will open, enter the cardholder login ID, fill in the captcha code where required, and hit on the login button.
- An apply option is given in the header menu, click on that and select track application status.
4. If your verification process would have been completed, then your ration card and family details will appear in front of your screen.
5. So, if your login with your laptop, you can press CTRL+P to take a printout of your ration card, or you can use the snipping tool option which is built-in in any Windows.
6. If your login with your mobile then you can simply take a screenshot and save it on your mobile phone.
Note: in case you forget the cardholder login ID and password, you can reset it following 3 simple steps.
1. Click on forget password
2. Enter your mobile number
3. Change your password.
How to Know Your Ration Dealer
If all types of verification have been completed, and you’ve got the ration card in the physical or virtual form. Then it’s time to know, who is your ration dealer and from where you can purchase the ration at subsidized rates. We’re going to tell you all the details that you would need to know about your ration dealer. Just follow the guide to get it done. All you need for this process is your Receiving ID.
Visit the official website and click on the RC details option which is given on the left side of your screen. A new page will open up, now select rural if you belong to a village, or select urban if you belong to a city. After that, select your district, enter your ration card number which is also named as receiving ID, and click on the search button.
Your family details will appear in the form of a table. Now you need to copy the EPDS FPS CODE number which is your ration card dealer ID. So on, type in the search bar epos.bihar.gov.in. A website will open which is also a Bihar official site.
Search for the FPS code option given in the reports section. Paste the FPS code that you’ve copied recently, and click on the FPS status option. The system will show you dealer details in the table form. You can collect your ration at subsidized rates from the mentioned dealer.
How to Transfer Ration Card Online
If you recently shifted from your previous location and are worried about how you can transfer the ration to your current location, then you don’t have to worry about it because we’ve got a solution for your problem. Your solution is just some simple steps away from you. Just grab a mobile phone and let us solve this for you.
Note: This process is for all ration card holders. No matter which state you are from.
- Type an app named mera ration into the google play store which is Bihar’s government-certified app. Download and open it.
- The app interface will open, and you’ll see a registration option. Hit on that option for registration.
- When you do it, the system will ask you to fill in your ration card number. Provide it and click on the submit button.
- All the data regarding the submitted ration card will appear on your screen.
- Scroll down a bit, and you’ll see the family details. Now you can tick mark whom your want to migrate from one state to another, or you can tick mark your whole family if you want to.
- In the next step, it’ll ask you in which state and district you want to migrate your ration. If your previous location was Bihar and now you shifted to Gujarat, then select Gujarat as your state.
- Now, select the district of Gujarat where you live, and select the migration date e.g. from which date you want to purchase your ration in Gujarat.
- Enter your mobile number, and mention the reason why you want to migrate from Bihar to Gujarat in the section of the migration remarks.
- You’ll receive a reference number on your submitted mobile number.
- This is how you can convert your ration card into one nation one ration card for a limited period.
- At last, one of your family members will visit the nearest PDF sub with a copy of the aadhar card. They’ll verify your presence with the help of a thumb bio-metric.
- After that, you can collect your ration from there at subsidized rates. Plus, one family member can collect the ration of others too.
How to Add a name to Ration Card
If a new member joins your family like a baby has been born or a couple got married, and you want to add their name to your existing ration card then you can do it by an online process without having any problem. We’re going to tell you how can you add a name or a baby name to your ration card.
First of all, visit the official website of Bihar ration Card and click on apply for RC online which is given in the important links section. Afterward, enter your login ID and the portal’s dashboard will appear on your screen. In the header menu, click on apply > edit application > member option.
Here, you need to provide the details of a new member whom you want to add e.g. if a couple got married then you need to add the wife’s details and a scanned copy of a marriage certificate. If a baby has been born then you need to add the birth certificate of the baby and click on the add button.
It is necessary to select a date that extends your baby’s age by at least 10 years in the beginning if you wish to add a newborn’s name to your ration card. After clicking on the add button, the system will show your new family member’s details in a table form. Scroll that table a bit, and you’ll see the edit and delete options.
Hit on the edit option, and your submitted details will open up. Now you can select the original date of your newborn baby and click on the update member button. If you want to make sure that your baby’s original date of birth has been added or not, then you can check it in the table provided at the end of the page.
Bihar Ration Card List 2023
If you applied for the Bihar ration card a very long time ago and don’t have any ration card ID, then you can still check whether your ration card has been made or not. Also, if you’ve recently added a new member name to your ration card then you can also check it by this process which we’re going to uniform you.
As we all know, when we need any help related to the Bihar ration card, we visit its official website, which is epds.bihar.gov.in. So you also need to visit it, in order to check your name in the Bihar ration card list. When you land on the website, the RCMS option is given on the left side of your screen.
Click it and you’ll be redirected to the page where you can check your name in the Bihar new ration card list. Now you need to select your district and click on the show button. After that, a list will show on your screen in a table form. Select rural if you belong to a village, or select urban if you belong to a city.
When you apply what’s said, the Bihar ration card list village-wise will appear on your screen which shows you how many ration cards has made in your block. Select your block, panchayat, and village, then the Bihar ration card list will appear on your screen. In order to find your name in the given list, you’ve to press CTRL+F and type the cardholder’s name in the search bar.
If you couldn’t find your name on the first page then go to page 2 and apply the same method. When your name has been found in the list that means the ration card verification has been completed. You need to check your ration card status, which is explained above, and download it if necessary.
Eligibility Criteria and Benefits of Bihar Ration Card
There are different types of ration cards, and in each type, there are different types of criteria in Bihar. The first thing you need to do is decide which category you fall into. To do that, we did describe all the categories in detail, so you can select yours by reading this article from the start. Hope you find it helpful.
So now that you’ve selected your category, let’s talk about its eligibility criteria and benefits which are as follows:
- If an applicant belongs to an APL category, then his/her family’s annual income must be more than 15,000 INR.
- In the APL category, the applicant will get 2kg wheat at 2 INR per kg/per person, and 3kg rice at 3 INR per kg/per person.
- If an applicant belongs to a BPL category, then his/her family’s annual income must be less than 15,000 INR.
- In the BPL category, the applicant will get 14kg wheat at 2 INR per kg/per person, and 21kg rice at 3 INR per kg/per person.
- If an applicant belongs to an AAY category, then his/her family’s annual income must be close to zero.
- In the AAY category, the applicant needs to pay nothing in order to get a ration. he/she will get 14kg wheat per kg/per person, and 21kg rice per kg/ per person free of cost.
- If an applicant belongs to a PHH ration card category, then his/her family’s annual income must be close to zero but you must have a house and land.
- In the PHH category, the applicant will get 2kg wheat at 2 INR per kg/per person, and 3kg rice at 3 INR per kg/per person.
4 Simple Steps to Submit Complaints Regarding Bihar Ration Card
The government of Bihar observes that applicants are facing issues related to their ration cards. To overcome this problem, they launched a website named sfc.bihar.gov.in, where all the applicants can submit their complaints related to their issues. When an applicant registers a complaint on this website, then the concerned department’s prime duty is to resolve it as soon as possible.
If you want to register a complaint regarding the ration card, then you do it by following the 4 simple steps which are given below:
Visit the official website of the Bihar complaints registration portal which is sfc.bihar.gov.in. Click on the Grievance, and select Submit Grievance option.
A registration form will open, and you’ve to fill it out by providing the required details like; Type of your issue, Grievance Category, Cardholder’s Name, District, Block, Panchayat, Village, Address, Phone Number, and Email ID (optional).
Now you need to write your issue in detail. For instance, your ration dealer doesn’t provide the ration you’re entitled to, or your ration card has been kept by the dealer, and he doesn’t provide the ration, etc. The issue can be typed in Hindi or English, there’s no language barrier.
After writing the description, you need to attach a scanned copy of the ration card, and you can attach other documents which are relatable. Last, click on the register button, and a grievance reference number will be sent to your submitted mobile number. You can use that number in order to check your complaint status by clicking on the know grievance status.