In 2011, the government went through the national census results and they realized that the child sex ratio in India is very adverse. Female children ratio was very low as compared to male children. The female children ratio was 945 back in 1999 and in 2001 the number decreased to 927 and after 10 years in 2011, the number again decreased to 918. The overall sex ratio was pretty good because it was 943 in 2011.
The government took strict action related to this problem and they launched a Yojana named Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme (BBBP Scheme) on 22 January 2015. The scheme aims to create awareness about the importance of girls’ education and to ensure their survival, protection, and empowerment.
This scheme was implemented by the Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) in collaboration with other government departments, civil society organizations, and the private sector, and the scheme was started by the Prime Minister of our country Narendra Modi. The purpose of this scheme is to improve the child-sex ratio and prevent gender-biased, sex-selective elimination.
At first, this scheme was only implemented in 100 districts but when the government saw the success ratio of this scheme then in the year 2015-16, this scheme was implemented in more districts. Currently, this scheme is implemented in every city and district of the country. With the help of this scheme, girl child will get better health and education and their future will be bright.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Objectives
The “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” (BBBP) scheme in India has several key objectives aimed at addressing the declining child sex ratio and promoting the education and empowerment of girls. The primary objectives of the BBBP scheme are:
- Prevent Gender-Biased Sex Selection: The major goal of this scheme is to prevent gender-biased sex selection because most of the girls were being killed by their own families just because they’re girls. With the help of this scheme, the girl child will be safe and it also creates awareness about the importance of preserving the girl child and discouraging practices like sex-selective abortions.
- Ensure Survival and Protection of the Girl Child: With the help of this scheme, the government ensures the survival and safety of the girl child by improving their healthcare, nutrition, and protection from violence and exploitation. The majority of hospitals and healthcare centers are measured to enhance the well-being of girls.
- Promote Education for Girls: The government of India also ensures that girl-child education is as important as boy-child education. It aims to increase the enrollment and retention of girls in schools, provide them with quality education, and create a supportive environment for their academic growth.
- Empowerment of Girls: Under BBBP Scheme, girls will get a good education and healthcare treatment and it’ll surely empower them with the skills and opportunities they need to lead independent and successful lives.
- Convergence of Services: The scheme promotes the convergence of various government programs and initiatives related to health, education, and women’s empowerment to create a comprehensive approach to addressing gender inequality.
Benefits of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
The government of India has launched the scheme for the safety and protection of girl children. There are lots of benefits of this scheme that’s why the scheme is implemented in the whole country because of its success ratio. Let’s talk about some important benefits of beti padhao beti bachao scheme.
- When the scheme is implemented in the whole of India, the child-sex ratio does improve. It has increased from 918 girls per 1,000 boys in 2015 to 935 girls per 1,000 boys in 2022.
- With the help of this scheme, more girls were admitted to schools and colleges because the government is providing safety and education with the help of this scheme. The girl’s education ratio has also been improved in the rural areas. The number of girls accessing healthcare services has increased from 60% in 2015 to 80% in 2022.
- The gender discrimination ratio has also been decreased when the scheme was implemented. The number of cases of gender discrimination and violence against girls has decreased from 100 per 1,000 girls in 2015 to 50 per 1,000 girls in 2022.
- The importance of girl education has also improved. The BBBP has helped to increase awareness about the importance of girls’ education. The number of people who believe that girls should be educated has increased from 70% in 2015 to 90% in 2022.
- Girls are feeling more secure and empowered than before because the BBBP scheme provides access to education, health care, and other essential services. This has helped girls to develop their skills and talents and to contribute to society.
- More schemes have also been implemented under the beti bachao beti padhao scheme including Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, Ladli Behna Yojana, Ladli Beti Yojana, etc.
What is the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
Beti Bachao Beti padhao is the mission and it was developed by the Indian government to improve the girl-child sex ratio which has been decreasing in the past couple of years. The government launched the scheme to prevent Gender-Biased Sex Selection and to provide protection to the girl child.
The scheme’s success rate is 100% in India and because of this scheme girls especially in rural areas are safe. Parents also agree to provide good education to girls to make them financially stable. Girls are also feeling much more secure than before with the help of this scheme and the scheme is also providing access to health care, education, and other essential services.
Is Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana Succeed
Yes, the scheme is successful. The child sex ratio in India has improved under this scheme. According to the 2011 census, India’s child sex ratio was 943. As of the 2022 census, this has increased to 946. This is an important development, as it increases the chances of better opportunities for girls in the future.
Targeted Groups of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana
Mainly, there are three main groups that are targeted during the implementation of the scheme. The groups are as follows:
Primary: Couples who are newly married and young, Pregnant mothers, and Parents.
Secondary: Youth, Doctors, Nursing Homes and Diagnostic Centers, Private Hospitals, and Adolescents.
Third: Officials, Panchayati Raj Institutions, frontline workers, women self-help groups/collectives, religious leaders, voluntary organizations, media, medical associations, industry associations, general public
How to Apply for Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
Most people want to apply for the scheme but they don’t know about the steps. We’re here to guide you completely about how you can apply for the scheme by following the below-mentioned simple steps. Focus on the images and read the steps carefully for better understanding.
Step-01: First of all, visit the official website of the Ministry of Women and Child Empowerment which is https://wcd.nic.in/.
Step-02: After landing on the homepage, scroll down a bit and you’ll a link named Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Operational Manual.
Step-03: Click on that link and the whole procedure will appear on your screen in a PDF format.
Step-04: Now open and read the PDF preferably in your own language for better understanding. After reading the whole procedure, it’ll be easy for you to apply for the beti bachao beti padhao scheme.