Every person feels a little bit insecure about his/her financial security in old age. Especially, private and unorganized sector workers who don’t have access to a pension plan. Look no further! Atal Pension Yojana is the perfect scheme for such workers. You just need to contribute a small amount of money from your current income and you will be financially stable after the age of 60.
The government of India provides you the opportunity to secure your fixed pension ranging from 1000 rupees to 5000 rupees per month. The amount of contribution for your fixed pension will be decided after you select the amount of pension. In this article, we’re going to guide you through the Atal Pension Yojana registration process. Read and apply the steps carefully to ensure a worry-free post-retirement life.
To apply online in Atal Pension Yoajna, Type NSDL APY apply online, click on the enps.nsdl.com, and you’ll be redirected to the Atal Pension Yojana online application form.
Now, select NO if you’re not an income taxpayer. Keep in mind that, this yojana is only for the citizens who are not taxpayers and don’t have any government job. Select the bank in which your account is already open. Enter your bank account number and select aadhar as your verification process.
Enter your Email ID, Aadhar number, Captcha code, and hit on the Generate OTP button. Make sure that, your aadhar card must be linked with a mobile number, otherwise you won’t get the OTP.
After that, your personal details will appear on your screen. Most of your details will be fetched by your aadhar card, you just need to fill in the missing one. Provide the missing details e.g, Title, DOB, Mobile Number, Father’s Name, Material Status, Spouse Name, contribution amount, and pension amount.
In order to check the amount you’ve to contribute now, and the amount you’ll get after the age of 60. Hit on the “click here” option which is also can be shown in the picture below and your Atal Pension Yojana contribution chart will be downloaded. Furthermore, enter the address where you live and hit on the save and proceed button.
Now enter the Atal Pension Yojana nominee details. For example, if you’re married then enter your husband/wife details, or if you’re unmarried, then enter your father, mother, or siblings’ details which you want to be your nominee. If you can’t select the date of birth of the nominee then you don’t need to worry. It’s not mandatory, so you can click on the confirm and proceed button without filling it.
When your registration process has been completed, the system will show you the receipt of confirmation. Verify your details and click on proceed to eSign the form for electronic signature.
A new window will appear for electronic signature, click on the Esign & download button and the system will redirect you to the next website, where you need to enter your aadhar number. Enter the required details e.g. aadhar number and OTP then click on the verify OTP button.
Your Esign verification will be completed and the system will ask you to download the Esign form. Click on the said button and a form will be downloaded to your device. Now take a print-out of the downloaded form, fill it out properly, and visit the nearest branch of your bank in order to submit that form. (If you’re from Rajasthan then you can also get yourself registered in Chiranjeevi Yojana).
Atal Pension Yojana Balance Check
Those who have registered themselves in the APY and the monthly contributions have been deducted from their bank accounts, but are unaware of the amount they’ve deposited in the APY. For this, we’re going to guide how they can check the deposited amount in APY.
First of all, Visit the APY government website. Go to the Home option, given in the header menu, and click on the Atal Pension Yojana (APY). A new page will open, now select APY e-PRAN/Transaction Statement View. If you’ve got a PRAN number then click on the search with PRAN, or if you don’t have it, then click on the search without PRAN.
If you’ve got the PRAN number then enter it and provide the bank account number. In the next section, select the second option in the section of view for subscriber section and then select financial year means to select the year in which you want to check the APY statement download. Enter the captcha code in the needed section and hit on the submit button.
When you click on the submit option, the transaction statement will appear on your screen. You can also download it by clicking on the print option, which is given in the top-right corner of the page.
If you don’t know the Atal Pension pran number then you can check it by tick mark the search without the PRAN number. Press the submit button after entering the required details and your APY Card will appear on your screen along with your pran number.
Atal Pension Yojana Benefits
This yojana is not like any other pension yojana because its benefits differentiate it from any other pension yojana. You’ll get a vast range of benefits if you get yourself registered. Given below is the list of major types of benefits which you’ll get under this scheme. Read the list carefully for a better understanding.
- The applicant will get a guaranteed monthly pension with an amount between 1000-5000 rupees for a lifetime after 60 years.
- The applicant has the authority to choose his/her pension amount.
- If the applicant died, then according to the Atal Pension Yojana death benefits, his/her spouse will get the same amount of pension.
- If the applicant’s spouse would be dead, then according to the Atal Pension Yojana nominee benefits, the nominee will get an amount between 170,000-850,000 rupees, depending on the applicant’s contribution amount.
- Applicant can change his/her pension plan once a year in the month of April.
- The applicant’s contribution depends on his/her age.
- There are also APY tax benefits for the applicants. For example: if the applicant’s age is 39 years and he/she participates in the 5000 rupees pension plan then he’ll get a tax deduction of 15,000 rupees.
- The cash withdrawal can happen if the applicant and his/her spouse have died, or the applicant has a critical illness and the family needs money for treatment.
- The return on investment will be 10%.
- Applicants who registered in APY in the year 2015-16 and they’re a taxpayer now, then they can continue paying their pension contributions without worrying about anything.
Atal Pension Yojana Eligibility Criteria
- The APY age limit/entry limit is between 18-40 years.
- Applicant shouldn’t be a taxpayer.
- Government employees can’t register themselves in this scheme.
- Applicants who belong to unorganized sectors can apply for the APY scheme.
The APY scheme provides a lifetime guaranteed pension to people who belong to the unorganized sector and are not taxpayers. The applicant can choose the pension amount by himself between 1000-5000 rupees.
You can also check the contribution amount which you need to pay monthly by looking at the APY contribution/rate chart. Secure your guaranteed pension by registering yourself in the APY scheme. (If you want more information about government schemes then you can visit PM Yojana Awareness).